Monday, January 7, 2008

Life Rules #1-9

LIFE RULES: On the Dangers of Sunglasses and the Effusiveness of USB Drives

Life Rule #1: NEVER wear sunglasses while playing soccer. You may get hit in the face by the ball and bleed all over because they dug into your nose.

(Andy, never scare me like that again. You just... REBOUNDED off the ball and fell to the ground. You stood up really slow and went "Oh, I'm fine!" and you had blood seeping down your elephantine nose. @_@ Jebus Crisco.)


Life Rule #2: Always keep your USB on some sort of chain so you don't forget it. Always. Because they have the nasty habit of getting fuckin' lost

(I just lost my USB with two years worth of writing and my school stuff on it. Crap. >_> Second one I've lost)


LIFE RULES: On the Futility of Scholarships and the Importance of Secrets

Life Rule #3: Always apply for more than one scholarship. When denied you have other options.

(Fuck you, Coca Cola.)


Life Rules #4: Never tell your mother things that might conflict with your own personal plan, unless you can get something out of it.

(Postponed driving lesson, here I come.)


LIFE RULES: On the Meaning of Hope and the Joys of Relaxation

Life Rule #5: Always have hope, even though humans are naturally wired for optimism.

(Yay for finding my USB!)


Life Rule #6: When you have the time, relax, because you won't get it again.


(Borders. Six hours. Yum.)


LIFE RULE: On the Necessity of Lists

Life Rule #7: ALWAYS MAKE A SHOPPING LIST


(I can't decorate my journal until I have double-sided tape, craft glue, and packing tape or something to laminate. >> I just went to the mall on Saturday and COMPLETELY FORGOT [due to the six mind-numbing hours in Borders]. Bloody HELL.)



LIFE RULES: On the Nature of Deadlines and the Truth about Essays

Life Rule #8: NEVER leave things to the VERY LAST GOSH-DARNED MINUTE. Ever. ^_^ You will inevitably end up stressed, over-worked, tired, grumpy, grouchy, and laughing like a psychopath. Little children WILL run from you.

(Shit. KNEW I should have done these essays earlier....)


Life Rules #9: When writing an essay, please to be checking your grammar and things. That way you won't feel like an idiot when you read it the next morning. Also, try and drag your muse back from Cancun, or wherever the hell she is.


(So tired of editing essays. So very very tired.)

------------

This is something I started at LJ -- I'll continue it here.  Wanted to have the first ones so you could see them!  Dates: December 2007 (4, 5, 8, 10, 31).

I might be moving more things from my nanoshona LJ to here, later.

4 comments:

Ivvy said...

That's hilarious. xD

Shona said...

I try. :D

Amber said...

Hey sho, I added you to my blogger albeit seldom updated I still added you.

~dreamy

Shona said...

Thanks, hun! I added you too. ^_^
-Sho